I am an award-winning clinical and consulting psychologist, and mental skills coach who provides training to corporations, government departments and individual CEOs, managers and professionals.
Examples of my consulting work:
- Provided training to Judges, Barristers, Solicitors.A member of specialist panels for the Queensland Bar Association and Law Society.
- Provided leadership and teambuilding workshops to government departments
- Worked with CEOs, executives and professionals to help them improve their mental skills so they achieve their goals.
- Presented to Local Government Managers Australia
- Piloted drought response program throughout Australia for Beyondblue to agents, clients and staff of major rural corporations
- Worked with the major agribusiness firm Incitec Pivot Fertilisers Ltd to provide programs and advice to assist rural Australians with resilience to anxiety, stress and depression.
- Programs on capability building for social and economic development in rural Australia won the award of Mental Health Researcher of the Year (WA)
- Long term project sponsored by Wesfarmers Ltd identify rural people at risk of (or already suffering from) depression and help them to overcome their situation and achieve their business and personal goals.
- At the University of Western Australia, founded and taught a capacity building program for social and economic development in rural, regional and remote Western Australia.
- Presenting course to staff of Telstra Ltd.
- Presenting course to Qantas staff.
I conduct my clinical practice for a wide range of clients in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I help men and women recover from such problems as including stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, interpersonal problems, career problems, dissatisfaction with life.
I also specialise in assisting women with depression and anxiety. My doctoral research was on assisting women with depression and anxiety. It resulted in my receiving the award of Mental Health Researcher of the Year (WA), 1999
To make an appointment, phone (07) 3832 6532. I am a Registered Provider for Medicare and private health rebates.
I believe in walking the talk and have committed myself to work/life balance! I swim regularly and do pilates twice a week.
I listen to podcasts on ideas, history, literature, science and philosophy.
I limit my intake of negative and disturbing media, enjoy movies, regularly attend concerts, ballet, and opera, and am interested in contemporary and world music.
I enjoy the company of my family and friends and have taken measures to ensure I see them regularly, even if it does mean cooking.
The happiness and greatness, the rank and station, the pleasure and peace, of an individual have never consisted in his personal wealth, but rather in his excellent character, his high resolve, the breadth of his learning, and his ability to solve difficult problems.
The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.
– James Baldwin
In union there is strength.